RuleError:There were errors loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:18: cannot alloc

• Hi All

Im pretty new to PFsense at the moment but just saw these flagging up from today (been running since a week ago now).

I have 5 rules in total including the 2 default ones from PFSense and GB's of memory available.

Any idea what this is about?

There were error(s) loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:18: cannot define table bogonsv6: Cannot allocate memory - The line in question reads [18]: table <bogonsv6> persist file "/etc/bogonsv6"
    @ 2018-04-02 05:34:45
    There were error(s) loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:18: cannot define table bogonsv6: Cannot allocate memory - The line in question reads [18]: table <bogonsv6> persist file "/etc/bogonsv6"
    @ 2018-04-03 14:13:19
    @ 2018-04-03 14:13:36

• I have the same problem on 4 pfsense servers, yesterday reinstall one and today 3 more shows the errors!!!! I suspect it's a hacking problem….

Any can help us??

Thanks.

• That's not a hacking problem, it's an upgrade glitch.
    Several others reported this already so watch the forum and read what other threads come up with.

• Netgate

Not hacking ffs.

Do a forum search.

Increase the Firewall Maximum Table Entries size to 400000 in System > Advanced, Firewall & NAT

• Thanks Derelict, I make a search but don´t see the answer, sorry for that…

Again thanks to all.

Greetings...

• Not hacking ffs.

No, I'm pretty sure it's hacking.  It's always hacking.  ;D

• Thanks all, il give that a try and see if it helps.

• @Derelict:

Not hacking ffs.

Do a forum search.

Increase the Firewall Maximum Table Entries size to 400000 in System > Advanced, Firewall & NAT

It Works Well!!!!!!Thanks  :D

• mine is on default
    Maximum number of connections to hold in the firewall state table.
    Note: Leave this blank for the default. On this system the default size is: 4909000

should I put more than that?

• Netgate

It is not the Firewall Maximum States entry it is the Firewall Maximum Table Entries setting. Set it to 400000.

• Jeej fixed my problem!!!!

• @Derelict:

Not hacking ffs.

Do a forum search.

This solved it for me after losing NAT port forwarding during a reboot this morning.  Thanks!

• @Derelict:

Not hacking ffs.

Do a forum search.

=================================

Post increasing the Firewall Maximum Table Entries size to 400000 , all rules started working.. Thanks buddy.. i helped a lot..

• Thanks so much for the input!  the changing of the 'max table entries' size to 400k did the trick!!

• Just wanted to say that I got the same message today, although my system says that its default is 6 million entries.

• Netgate

Set it to 400000.

• Worked perfectly, thank you!