Problem with freeradius



  • I recently wanted to use '' Download quantity and download traffic ''
    limit the amount of traffic of each user in 1200 Mb per day
    But when i fill the box '' Quantity of download and download of traffic '' by the number volus: 1200
    this user account no longer works, while all other accounts are working properly
    Things are fine when I delete the number of traffic in the box.
    in pictures all the manipulations I made;
    I added a cronjobe << 0 0 * * * root / bin / rm / var / log / radacct / datacounter / day / used-bytes - * >>

    Thank very much









  • Your last image : as per https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Using_Captive_Portal_with_FreeRADIUS - Section : Amount of Traffic the option "re-authenticate users every minute" should be set so the user gets disconnected.
    Otherwise your limit of "1200" (Mbytes) will not work …

    What I did to check / debug all this :
    I read this : https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Testing_FreeRADIUS
    This : https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Additional_Logging_for_FreeRADIUS (written for 2.x but useful).

    Also : when your setup is ok, goto    Status => Services
    STOP the radius daemon.

    Acces the console. Take option 8 - SSH access.
    Type```
    radiusd -h

    Read …
    Find the option -X
    Use it !
    
    Start radfius by hand using
    **radiusd -X**
    
    (or **radiusd -X -xx**)
    
    Now you have all the info - there should be no red lines.
    
    Keep this console window open.
    
    Now login with a user on the captive portal.
    
    The entire login info will be laid out, and it's easy to find what went wrong.
    
    Questions about what being shown , Normal. Radius is not some small program, it's huge, took me days of just reading this one https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeRADIUS and many others. With manuals, Radius (FreeRadius) is useless.
    
    > I added a cronjobe << 0 0 * * * root / bin / rm / var / log / radacct / datacounter / day / used-bytes - * >>
    
    This won't work  :) For example, "day" doesn't exist.
    
    See image for my cron entries, I used the the cron package of course.
    
    ![cron.PNG_thumb](/public/_imported_attachments_/1/cron.PNG_thumb)
    ![cron.PNG](/public/_imported_attachments_/1/cron.PNG)