APU3 32GB SD fails to boot - APU1 all works fine/HW or SW bug?
Clouseau last edited by Clouseau
I have issues with SD card. I can install pfsense in APU1 to Trancend CL10 32GB SDHC U1 card. I do fresh installs with one box and then move SD card to operative units. This time mys unit is PCEngine APU3.
- I install latest available image pfSense-CE-memstick-serial-2.4.3-RELEASE-amd64.img in APU1
- Boot it on APU1 normally - no issues
- Switch SD to APU3 and boot normally - so far everything OK
- Update latest update 2.4.3-RELEASE-p1 (amd64) successfully and boot
- Now on boot I got this error: Booting from Hard Disk... Boot failed: could not read the boot disk
- I switch that SD card back to APU1 - boots normally! No problems
So every time I write images or upgrade pfSense in APU3, it will fail on boot. mSATA disks works fine.
APU1, BIOS Coreboot 184.108.40.206
APU3, BIOS Coreboot 220.127.116.11
So, is there know issue in pfSense for this kind of behavior or do we have HW related issues?
Why booting works just fine if installation is made in APU1, but fails if it is done in APU3?
Not really sure what to fix here.
8GB SDHC U1 cards works fine in first installation but fails after upgrade has been done!