plex server running behind pfsense

• Hi All,

I am having problems getting plex media server to run outside my network whether it being secured or unsecured setup on the plex app/web app.  Does anyone have plex (plugin on freenas) running behind pfsense? I looked and didnt see any topics relating to it.

Thank You!

• @pspuria81 said in plex server running behind pfsense:

Hi All,

I am having problems getting plex media server to run outside my network whether it being secured or unsecured setup on the plex app/web app.  Does anyone have plex (plugin on freenas) running behind pfsense? I looked and didnt see any topics relating to it.

Thank You!

This isn't an issue that I have had to deal with in the past, is there any one that has addressed this that knows how to navigate it?

• I run Plex behind pfSense on a Windows 2012 R2 server without a problem and can access it internally and external with number of clients.
    I did have to add the following to the custom options IF you are using the DNS Resolver (unbind)

server:private-domain: "plex.direct"

as plex.tv resolves to a private ip address which is not allowed by default.

Mine is fine on IPv4 (NAT) and also IPv6 native.

• @horse2370 i figured it out, i had to set the static lease for freenas and plex also opened port 32400 in the firewal

© Copyright 2002 - 2018 Rubicon Communications, LLC | Privacy Policy