Different VLAN Creations
paffendorf last edited by
I'm pretty confused about the creation of VLANs. I'm creating a VLAN for PPPoE. I have seen that you can create it in different ways and assign the interface to it in different ways too.
- I have created a VLAN in the VLANS tab (e.g. 6) for the em0 interface
- I have created in the PPPoE tab a new interface assigning it directly to the em0
- In the Interface mapping tab I have selected VLAN 6 in em0
- I have created in the PPPoE tab a new interface assigning it directly to em0.6
- In the Interface mapping tab I have selected em0.6
My questions are:
What is the difference between creating PPPoE as em0 or em0.6?
What is the difference between assigning the interface to the VLAN 6 in em0 or directly to em0.6?
Thank you very much