Is it pfsense can notify user that pfsense has block the website?

• Helo, i wanna setting pfsense to block some website in schedule, but is it possible there's notification to the user that the web been block?

example
    i wanna block web facebook.com and if user wanna browse to the url, it can't but it show the message that its been block due to …........

Is it possible when i block the url, pfsense forward url to homepage(lokal server) that content information about its been blocked?

thanks,

Teddy

• Take a look at Squid with SquidGuard.

• how to setting the squid and squidguard? i'm confuse about the setting, thx..

• @Shinatama:

how to setting the squid and squidguard? i'm confuse about the setting, thx..

Look packages page. but you must have full install for pfsense.

1. Do a full install of pfSense

2. Install the Squid package - read the Squid documentation

3. Install the SquidGuard package - read the SquidGuard documentation

If having completed all of that you're having problems, then post back.

• thanks, will try it ASAP. BTW, i don't need proxy in client right? Cause i don't wanna change in client, just make default on server.

Thank you..

• You HAVE to have the clients use the proxy - otherwise how do you expect the proxy to stop the traffic?

If you don't want to change the clients then you'll need to configure Squid as a transparent proxy.  If you're unsure how to do this search the forum.

• @Cry:

You HAVE to have the clients use the proxy - otherwise how do you expect the proxy to stop the traffic?

If you don't want to change the clients then you'll need to configure Squid as a transparent proxy.  If you're unsure how to do this search the forum.

i already installed and tested squidguard and it working fine. Now i can block domain base on time, without setting proxy in the client. Tq for your help….

• "..without setting proxy in the client .."
    Use transparent proxy