OpenVPN - Connected Since time is wrong

• Hi I recently setup my pfSense router with OpenVPN. It's been running great but annoying the connected since time is always wrong even after restarting.

0_1536865162425_503048a9-7255-40be-868b-320aec5f1712-image.png
    0_1536865166266_d6a61bfa-7272-43a6-9663-5bad42b77730-image.png

As you can see the times are ahead of the real system time. After a restart its pretty close but then as time goes on it just gets worse.

Does anyone know how to sort this?

Thanks,
    Gary

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

What time zone did you select? Looks like you used one of the GMT offset zones which really shouldn't be used. Pick a geographically named zone and restart things again.

• Dont want to hijack this post but I am also seeing the exact same issue, when pfsense first starts the "connect from" time is OK but the VPN keeps dropping and then I noticed the "connected from" date is a week ahead of time, untill pfsense is rebooted again, then the start time is ok.

• @jimp said in OpenVPN - Connected Since time is wrong:

What time zone did you select? Looks like you used one of the GMT offset zones which really shouldn't be used. Pick a geographically named zone and restart things again.

Thanks I changed to Europe/London and it seems to be working well for now :)