I noticed that I couldn't access FB on my laptop or desktop systems, but could access on my phone. When I checked the logs, I discovered that 220.127.116.11:53UDP was being blocked. Note the port number.
Unbound is serving DNS and I have rule entries to block all other DNS requests.
When did FB start serving DNS?
Do you have Unbound in resolver mode, or forwarding mode?
If you have it in resolver mode, when a client attempts to resolve
facebook.com, Unbound will talk to the root servers and then eventually make its way to the authoritative DNS servers for
facebook.comlooking for the answer to the query.
Resolver mode only.
This is a new development as I was able to hit that website without issues before.
And now the page loads without issue. I'll be dipped.
Maybe whatever pfBlocker list that rule is using had updated before and then again, hard to say without knowing what it is.
I wasn't seeing anything in the logs, except for the noted entries above.
Just waiting for a crappy day when I am stuck inside to reset the box, and start fresh.
Waiting for Ian from nguvu.org to finish his newest guide.
But thanks for the reply.
mtarbox last edited by mtarbox
Thank you for not beating me over the head with my own rulesets.
All set now.