This is bad (routing problem)

• I have a home office on a subnet as follows:

Internet - pfsense - Family network (192.168.2.0/24) – powerline/homeplug bridge -- my home office subnet (192.168.3.0/24).

I cannot transfer files from a server on the family network to a machine on the home office subnet either with samba or sftp. The transfer stalls badly. I can browse files on the family net server to a point and then that stalls.

I vaguely recall having this problem with monowall and I think I checked the "static route filtering" in advanced options. The problem seemed to go away.

Everything else is fine. Any thoughts?

Update: let me refine the network just a bit more:

Internet - pfsense (soekris 4801) - Family network (192.168.2.0/24) - - powerline/homeplug bridge – linux router/host w/ interfaces 192.168.2.254 and 192.168.3.1 - my homeoffice subnet (192.168.3.0/24)

• Dump the linux router and use an OPT-Interface to run your homeplug driven office and the problem will go away  ;D

• This feature was recently MFC'd and had been forgotten.

If this is a full installtion then issues these commands from a shell to update:

cvs_sync.sh releng_1

• @sullrich:

This feature was recently MFC'd and had been forgotten.

If this is a full installtion then issues these commands from a shell to update:

cvs_sync.sh releng_1

Is there a way to try this on an embedded platform?

• @hoba:

Dump the linux router and use an OPT-Interface to run your homeplug driven office and the problem will go away  ;D

Thanks. I want to use the Opt for a access point but I'm needing it less and less. It may come to this.

• @ribes:

@sullrich:

This feature was recently MFC'd and had been forgotten.

cvs_sync.sh releng_1

Is there a way to try this on an embedded platform?

No, you only could use diagnostics> edit file from the webgui to replace the file the changes were made:
    http://cvstrac.pfsense.com/chngview?cn=12705