Some filtered states can only be killed individually, not in bulk

• I have a VOIP phone connected via my backup 4G WAN that I'm trying to force back onto the recovered main WAN connection. VOIP phones are stubborn about holding their connections it seems.

I went to DIAG > STATES and set a filter for the VOIP phone's IP address which showed 8 states, one in and one out for each of its 4 lines.

I then hit the 'Kill States' button which should have killed all filtered states, but it left 4 of them there and the phone held its connection to the 4G WAN. Only when I went and clicked each of the remaining states individually by using their trashcan icon was I able to kill the states. After this the phone reconnected to the main WAN as per my firewall rules.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not - I would guess so since in my mind 'Kill States' should effectively be the same as clicking all the trash icons. But I'm no dev and have no expectation of this behaviour changing. I haven't tested recently but I believe I've seen similar behaviour when trying 'Reset States' for the entire firewall - i.e. that the phones hold their connections regardless.

I'm just glad I now have a method to bump phones that is less drastic than rebooting the router, which was my former sledgehammer approach to this issue! Just reporting it in case it is useful to developers or other users.

• Netgate

• Yes looks like a solid candidate. I'll test this after the next release.