State of MBT-2220/MBT-4220?

• I'm looking for a reasonably affordable replacement for a defective SG-2220.
    The official Netgate Minnowboard series looked perfect but my local distributor doesn't and won't carry it. Ordering from USA would add tax and custom fees.
    I read that they weren't launched due to a HDMI issue that was fixed in 2.4.4, does this mean they are a supported appliance now? Will they ever be?
    I want to support Netgate but there seems to be a big hole for x86 devices below the SG-5100.
    My old SG-2220 seemed perfect for my basic tasks plus openvpn + squid + suricata + pfBlocker/DNSBL.
    I know that the SG-3100 exists and should be sufficient at this moment in time but I'm not sure about the next 4-5 years.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

@goodthings said in State of MBT-2220/MBT-4220?:

I read that they weren't launched due to a HDMI issue that was fixed in 2.4.4, does this mean they are a supported appliance now?

Yes, now that we have addressed the HDMI issue sufficiently, they are fully supported as pfSense appliances. They do not ship with pfSense installed, but they do come with a credit-card shaped USB drive with the CE installer pre-loaded on it.

I want to support Netgate but there seems to be a big hole for x86 devices below the SG-5100.

We have another device coming that will be closer to the SG-1000/2220 in terms of power. We'll have some details on that soon, but nothing is public yet.

I know that the SG-3100 exists and should be sufficient at this moment in time but I'm not sure about the next 4-5 years

If the 2220 was fine the 3100 should be more than enough.

• Interesting.
    Do you happen to know if any European distributor sells the MBT-4220 or are these generally only sold directly by Netgate?

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Interesting.
    Do you happen to know if any European distributor sells the MBT-4220 or are these generally only sold directly by Netgate?

Not off the top of my head, but if you ask sales@netgate.com they would be able to tell you for sure.