Fq-Codel

• Fellow Members:

It is hard to discern the current state of Fq-Codel among the many posts. Are the identified issues planned for resolution in the next patch release? I am currently using HFSC but would like to use Fq-Codel in the future.

• @ghkrauss said in Fq-Codel:

Are the identified issues planned for resolution in the next patch release?

There are no bug reports on redmine, so I wouldn't expect a fix. See: https://redmine.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/roadmap

• As @ghkrauss pointed out, there are no bugs currently reported on redmine, that's the good news! However, the biggest issue I have run into is there are varying accounts of how to implement FQ-Codel. This thread, playing-with-fq_codel, appears to have cracked the implementation just this week! If you followed the Netgate August Hangout implementation of FQ-Codel, the shaper would not perform very well. Making the changes outlined in the most recent posts in playing-with-fq_codel make a huge performance difference and from testing, appears to be the correct implementation.

Give that a look and a try. It literally takes five minutes to setup and test. If it is not working correctly, it is very simple to just turn it off.