Updated Dashboard Package
As I mentioned in another thread, I've committed an updated Dashboard package with several fixes:
- Fixes incorrect log display in System Logs if set to view forward (It did not show the right set of log entries). Reverse view worked fine. (This will be in 1.2.3 by default even without the dashboard package)
- Fixes dashboard log display
- Fixes AJAX updating of dashboard log entries (works with forward and reverse)
- Fixes clicking the red X / green arrow to obtain rule number and description
- Anchored the grep call that finds the rule numbers better. (This will also be in 1.2.3 by default even without the dashboard package)
- IPSec status should be fixed now, too.
- Updated the main filter log page to also show the TCP flags for the logged packet.
- Added a link on the filter logs page to the dynamic page, which is a full-page AJAX updating version.
You can install, or reinstall the dashboard package from System > Packages. To reinstall, click on the 'installed packages' tab, then click on the button labeled "pkg". When you hover over the package it should mention it will reinstall.
If you have any questions, problems, suggestions, etc. Let me know.
I just installed the new dashboard on PFsense 1.2.2 (new install) and it does not appear (on two boxes) in the GUI…
Rebooting and reinstalling do not help...
Is there something I can do from the console to make it running (appearing)?
Thanks in advance,
I'll have to try it again on a fresh install when I get to work.
It worked on 4 different test machines for me, 1.2.1, two 1.2.2's, and a 1.2.3.
I think I found the problem. I checked the widgets.tgz file in my last commit and it seems to have been corrupted.
Try it again (reinstall the package as described in the first post) and let me know what happens.
There were some issues with the package repository this morning, but everything should be straightened out now.
In testing that I did confirm (again) that it does install correctly for me.
I rolled another new version of the Dashboard package, due to formatting issues and the fact that the AJAX updating was still not working properly.
I'll try not to put out too many, too fast. I've got a couple more bug fixes coming but nothing major so I will hold off until I also get some new features in it.
Thanks Jimp, it works very nicely and the firewall log finally appears on my dual wan setup.
I put up a new dashboard package again last night, here are the changes between 0.7.3 and 0.7.4:
- Fixed a protocol detection bug (ipv6)
- NEW Widget: gmirror status
- NEW Widget: snort alerts - AJAX updating. Format subject to change. Comments welcome on info displayed/format.
- Added filtering capability to the Services Status widget, you can specify a comma-separated list of services to not display.
- Added mbufs display to the system info widget
- Added total memory display to the system info widget
- Refined the filter log parser a little more. Split the line parsing off into its own function.
- Added a CLI filter log parser