DHCP / DHCP6 Disconnection issue
- Comcast is my primary ISP for IPv4 and IPv6.
- AT&T Uverse is my Secondary ISP with only IPv4 enabled.
- I have a multi-wan setup with a failover from Comcast to ATT.
- pfSense Version 2.4.4-RELEASE-p1
Block private networks and loopback addressesis enabled on the Comcast Interface
- Only Comcast is configured for IPv6.
- Comcast IPv6 Configuration
- 64 DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation size
- Track Interface set to the Comcast Connection is set for the LAN connection
- When my Comcast connect drops, the failover works correctly - AT&T Uverse connection becomes primary until Comcast comes back up.
- When Comcast comes back up after a disconnection, however, it will not pull an IPv6 address unless I do a Release/Renew on the interface.
- If I put
192.168.100.1in the Reject leases from box on the Comcast Interface Page, then I WILL get an IPv6 address, but then the interface WILL NOT pull an IPv4 address until I do a Release/Renew.
On my Comcast Interface page, I've enabled the option: "Do not wait for a RA". This seems to accomplish what I want to do.
Are there any ill effects I should be aware of?