Squid



  • Hello all, i've had pfsense and squid installed for a month or so and everything has worked fine until today.  One of the torrent sites i used changed servers and now squid will not allow me to see the site even though i never set it to block…i tried removing the cache and redoing squid -z but that didn't work.

    the website is www.seekmybits.com and i get this error

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.8 Server at www.seekmybits.com Port 80

    i've tried adding the site to the white list, that doesn't work either...no matter what i do it just won't let me see the site unless i completely shut squid down

    any help would be greatly appreciated



  • This has nothing to do with squid.  This is an apache error from the web server.



  • then why does it work when i disable squid

    edit

    ok, maybe i wasn't explaining things correctly….

    Squid seems to work fine, and has always worked fine until recently.  perhaps this issue isn't directly related to squid but the fact of the matter is that i cannot access said website with squid enabled.  If this is a known issue with particular sites is there a work around?  If this is happening because of bad DNS info (the site in question changed servers recently so it's possible my squid has old info as to what the site's ip is) is there a way to fix it?

    Again, to be clear, the website works fine if i disable squid.
    it worked last week but the site has changed servers and now i get this 403 error with squid enabled.



  • You'd have to tell us exactly how you have squid and your browser configured.

    Transparent or opaque?
    Enabled or disabled "X-Forwarded-For"?
    Enabled or disabled "VIA"?

    Browser?
    Version?
    Proxy configured?

    etc.

    We need to know!

    Have you manually typed the necessary HTTP request and/or used something like "livehttpheaders" extension for firefox to see what's being passed up and back?

    That site rendered perfectly for me, using FF3 on Linux, via a transparent squid proxy on pfsense with X-Forwarded-For and VIA both disabled, using OpenDNS.



  • ok, you helped me big time bro

    i had mine setup WITHOUT disable x-forward and diable via

    i clicked those 2 options on and now it works.

    again, i haven't noticed any issues until said website switched servers….they changed to a new server and all the sudden i couldn't access the site

    thanks again bro...i'm sorry for being such a newb



  • I also got that error when I had it listening on port 80. No idea why.



  • It was weird for me because every other site worked, this site used to work until they switched servers….thier new server must have a new setup or something because until i changed my setup to include the disable x-forwards and disable via i couldn't connect, anyways, thanks again...this forum has amazing support and big ups on not making us newbs feel stupid...seriously, its great


Log in to reply