Casting Youtube to Samsung Smart TV

• Hello Everyone,

I'm having an odd issue casting Youtube from Samsung Galaxy phone to Samsung Smart TV. My phone and and TV are on different subnet and VLAN. I've configured Avahi to discover the device and it is discoverable and reachable. However, if i click the casting button in youtube it just get stuck at connecting. If i switch my mobile to the same subnet it works fine.

The weird thing is that if i use the "link with TV code" setting on the youtube mobile app instead of the normal discovered one it works fine. Samsung Smart View works fine. And If I switch my phone to the same subnet as the TV then move it back it will continue casting. I can control the video, play other videos, pause, queue, etc. with no issue. The minute i stop that casting and try to start another one it won't work.

Wondering if any one has a clue of what might be causing this issue.

Thanks,

• @zam678 said in Casting Youtube to Samsung Smart TV:

if i use the "link with TV code" setting on the youtube mobile app instead of the normal discovered one it works fine

For what it's worth I have had that same behavior on my iPhone connecting to my Dish DVR for a long time now. Gets stuck unless I use the TV Code. Connecting to Chromecast works fine.

So, may just be a software bug and not a routing issue.

• i Faced the same issue with iPhone and Apple tv. I guess this is because of the wifi we use during the screening.if anybody can resolve my issue,i would be pleased.
    thank you in advance.