CARP Problems (Two masters)
antoinef67 last edited by
I am a professional administrator and I have a model at home with two ESXi and two virtualized PF connected to the WAN box and LAN / SYNC in Trunk with a cisco switch.
I would like to set up CARP to guarantee good network access.
I created a SYNC VLAN 20 interface for that.
I created the firewall rules for the transit of this VLAN 20.
I created a vip on the WAN and a vip on the LAN. All the pings work.
The transfer of config data is done well between the two PFsense.
Internet access from the LAN works.
- The slave PFsense immediately switches to "MASTER" mode instead of "BACKUP" on both interfaces.
- I have a high latency on the Internet connection.
- I activated the promiscuous mode on ESXi cards
- I unchecked the boxes "Block private networks" and "Block bogon network" on all interfaces.
- I tried with both PFsense virtual machines on the same ESXi.
The problem is still here, you can not use the Internet properly.
If you have an idea ?
- 2x DELL ESXi 6.7U1
- 2x VMs PFsense 2.4.4p3
- CISCO 2960S switch
The SYNC interface means nothing to the MASTER/MASTER or MASTER/BACKUP status of the interfaces. MASTER/MASTER means the secondary node is not receiving the heartbeats from the MASTER on that interface.
Please read this: