Firewall has rebooted without any strange log entry

• Hi Guys!

I saw in the logs that apparently there was a reboot some time ago. But I could not see in the logs why it was.

You can see how pfBlockerNG performed its cronjobs. So far so good. And then you can see how all of a sudden it was logged, which kernel is used for booting.

I can not currently explain why the pfSense is restarted.
    Could someone help me with that :)?

Thank you very much!

pfSense reboot.PNG

• @Sessa45

Try to run a memtest86 - might be a RAM Problem ...

• Thanks for the answer.
    I first checked the memory in the terminal and checked it with the information in the WebGUI.
    There seems to be something not quite round, right?

The WebGUI shows me a relatively low usage. In the terminal but a very high value.

Or do I understand the output in the terminal wrong?
    Installed are 4 GB of RAM.

memory.PNG

I would like to first test as much as possible without running the memtest, since the pfSense is not available as long as the test is running.

• @Sessa45 said in Firewall has rebooted without any strange log entry:

There seems to be something not quite round, right?

This isnt a real Problem its only that BIOS and operating system reports available memory in different ways.

I would like to first test as much as possible without running the memtest, since the pfSense is not available as long as the test is running.

Unfortunately a comprehensive RAM-test without rebooting the machine isnt possible. Maybe you can find a time when the machine is not so much needed ...

On the other hand that suddently reboot could also be generated by a power spike/failure from the power supply.

Regards,
    fireodo