Locked out of WebGUI



  • I was adding Darkstat package yesterday to my pfSense and now for some reason, I'm locked out of the webgui. Everything had been working with no issues until I added the new package. I logged out and then when I tried to log back in, I discovered this issue. I know adding the package has nothing to do with it but it acts like something has changed in FireFox brower that will not let it access the machine. I've tried 3 different computers using IE11, FireFox and Chrome browsers but still can't access the webgui. I tried changing settings in the browsers but nothing helps.

    All I get is a message that:

    **Unable to connect

    Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.125.10.

    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.**
    

    I can ping the box via it's IP with no issue.

    I've tried reseting the Webconfigurator from the command screen but that did not help. Is there anyway to fix this from the command screen or is my only option to reinstall. I am using the latest version of pfSense, 2.4.4 p3.

    I don't know how this happened. I don't have an issue with reinstalling but would like to avoid that if possible. Any ideas how to fix this would be appreciated.


  • LAYER 8

    from the console using option 15

    15) Restore recent configuration
    

    or you can try

    pkg delete pfSense-pkg-darkstat-3.1.3_4
    

    you probably have to manually delete all reference to darkstat from the xml config later
    or
    reinstall everything



  • @kiokoman said in Locked out of WebGUI:

    from the console using option 15

    15) Restore recent configuration
    

    or you can try

    pkg delete pfSense-pkg-darkstat-3.1.3_4
    

    you probably have to manually delete all reference to darkstat from the xml config later
    or
    reinstall everything

    Thanks for your help.

    I actually had tried that but only tried reinstalling the backup prior to installing Darkstat. What I didn't notice was that it had, for some reason, installed Darkstat about 4 times in a row. So I restored a configuration from last week and it worked and let me have access to the WebGUI. This seems like a weird happening.

    I then restored a local backup and everything appears to be working again. I installed Darkstat again it appears to be working as well.


Log in to reply