China- The first country to scan my IPv6 range.!!

• Very rarely do I see port probes on IPv6, in fact, in nearly 10 years barely any that wasn't me initiating it. https://9apps.ooo/

But then I see a host in 240e::/18 range scanning one of my /64's. Like, LOTS and LOTS
    of them. Random IP's being hit in that /64 looking for VNC/Spice (5901). Heads up, China, nothing is open on that /64.

I love IPv6, makes it easier to block an entire country or ISP, or end user. All those quintillion+ of IP's are now perpetually blocked.

Easy Rule Block to the rescue!

Kinda futile to scan a /64, it makes WAY too much noise!

Should I be surprised this is actually the first lot of IPv6 I've also blocked in 10 years.... 🙄

• Galactic Empire

@iguanagomes said in China- The first country to scan my IPv6 range.!!:

hen I see a host in 240e::/18 range scanning one of my /64's. Like, LOTS and LOTS of them. Random IP's being hit in that /64 looking for VNC/Spice (5901). Heads up, China, nothing is open on that /64.
    I love IPv6, makes it easier to block an entire country or ISP, or end user. All those quintillion+ of IP's are now perpetually blocked.
    Easy Rule Block to the rescue!
    Kinda futile to scan a /64, it makes WAY too much noise!
    Should I be surprised this is actually the first lot of IPv6 I've also blocked in 10 years....

Use pfBlocker and block the whole of China by GeoIP ☺

I've had 240e:f7:4f01:c::3 knocking on my /64 door for weeks now.