Issue in the UI setting up a USB GPS Device.
Im having some issues with setting up a USB GPS device.
The issue seems to lie in the UI of pfsense, where the baud rate is chosen i move it to
9600baud from the standard
4800baud and upon save the setting is reverted back to
Didn't find a NTP section in the forums so i leave this here...
Has anyone else experienced the same issues? It worked on my old pfSense (2.3) but now after i updated to an 64bit system with the newest version the settings seem to not update...
Anything else is updated as is selected but the baud rate jumps back to the original all the time.
The gps kicked in but the UI is still showing
9600like it is set to.
Where and what exactly are you setting here? Can we see some screenshots?
Hmm, not sure what the problem is. 4800bps is clearly the correct baud for your GPS module. If you want to use anything different you have to send it the initialisation commands to change the baud rate and then things get complex because you have to send those commands at the default baud!
Is there some reason you want to use 9600 rather than 4800?
@stephenw10 that is actually the issue,
It is the UI that is displaying wrong results, because if i try to read from my GPS module on
4800bauds then it doesn't work, the gps module is spitting out at
9600bauds, confirmed that with a connection in screen with
screen /dev/cuaU1 9600and all the information came through, did the same with
4800and its scrambled.
Somehow it is running at
9600bauds now and getting the correct values, but the UI is showing that is is
Hmm, I see. What do you see in /var/etc/ntp.conf?
It's clearly actually running at the correct speed as you say. Odd though. I have devices set at 4800 and 9600 and they work OK. Though the 9600 device is running 2.5, can you test a snapshot?
# # pfSense ntp configuration file # tinker panic 0 # Orphan mode stratum tos orphan 12 # GPS Setup server 127.127.20.0 mode 22 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4 prefer fudge 127.127.20.0 time2 0.400 flag1 1 flag3 1 # Upstream Servers pool 0.pfsense.pool.ntp.org iburst maxpoll 9 statsdir /var/log/ntp logconfig =syncall +clockall driftfile /var/db/ntpd.drift restrict default kod limited nomodify nopeer notrap restrict -6 default kod limited nomodify nopeer notrap restrict source kod limited nomodify notrap interface ignore all interface ignore wildcard interface listen em0.10 interface listen em0.40 interface listen em0.50 interface listen ovpns1 interface listen em0
Thats all that is in ntpd.conf, ntp.conf does not exist...
This is a line from the
Nov 4 19:00:40 XXXXXXXXX ntpd: GPS_NMEA(0) serial /dev/gps0 open at 9600 bps
So the device is somehow reading at 9600bps but the interface is not showing that, and obviously i'll have to make the change to 9600 every time i need to change other options in there (not that that happens alot)
Hmm, I forget where the gps target port is set now. I'll have to dig later when I have time...
Yeah i have been searching for that too, haven't found it yet...