IKEv2 Certificate + EAP (Username/Password) and freeradius

• Hello Everyone

I try to configure "IKEv2 Certificate + EAP (Username/Password)" in Pfsense. The whole thing should work at the end with FreeRadius or without.

IKEv2 EAP (Username/Password) and IKEv2 EAP-TLS (Certificate) i having done before. Both worked.

IKEv2 Options.png

Is this possible? I can't figure it out if FreeRadius does support this or not?

Maybe someone out there knows something.

Many Thanks

Best Regards
    Alitai

• After hours of searching if found an interesting talk:
    http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2017-September/088914.html

Quote:
    Matthew Newton -> For client certificates on Windows you have to use EAP-TLS.

User -> I wanted them to have a certificate + username and password, I think I'll have to settle for server certificate + username and password.

Matthew Newton -> quotes: I wanted them to have a certificate + username and password,
    Answer: Yes, using both together is not currently possible.

Seems not pretty good but it's from 2017 and they talking not about a user certificate. I'm not sure 100%. Maybe it's supported now?

Thanks

Regards
    Alitai

• IKEv2 Certificate + EAP (Username/Password)
    equals
    IKEv2 Mutual RSA + EAP-MSCHAPv2

so this will not work.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Correct. You can choose from either EAP-TLS which has certificates in both directions (client and server) or EAP-MSCHAPv2/EAP-RADIUS which has user auth + clients validate server certificate. There isn't a way for both to work currently. (And even if strongSwan supported it, I'm not sure any clients do)