SD-WAN migration

• Every thriving business relies on the network to manage high bandwidth applications and support increased data consumption. Thatโ€™s why every business must stay competitive by focusing on virtualizing their network and maintaining a secure and scalable connection.

Instead of routing traffic just based on addresses, an SD-WAN is application-aware, it uses software to steer traffic more intelligently and efficiently across the wide-area network based on the business requirement of an application.

Even though it is proved to be effective and efficient there are some challenges that need to be tackled. For a small scale business what are such challenges?

• LAYER 8 Rebel Alliance

Is this SPAM or what is your point?

-Rico

• @Rico said in SD-WAN migration:

Is this SPAM or what is your point?

-Rico

No.

I am an MBA student in systems. Hopw I can gather some info for my assignment.

• Netgate Administrator

You could check the article the question came from:
    [link removed - seems spammy in retrospect] ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I would argue the biggest challenge for a small business is seeing through the marketing BS that surrounds SD-WAN.
    Most things you read are 90% buzz words, like that article is. Except there they have even managed to define the acronym wrong: "SD-WAN or Software-Defined Wireless Area Networking". ๐Ÿ™„

Given that I would ignore everything else in it!

Steve

• @stephenw10

Thank you for sharing the link. It has been a help for my work.

I have come across the original content of the blog. Here it is.
    [link removed]

• Netgate Administrator

Mmm, that article appears to have been posted to a number of places but it looks like spam in all of them.

What is your 'assignment' here that seems to be based on a blog post? ๐Ÿ˜•

Steve

• @sujith_28 I have shared that link only because of the author name are same and the blogs talk about the same content.

• Netgate Administrator

Ok. The first, and probably hardest, part of this 'assignment' is defining what SD-WAN actually is.

Steve