[Solved] Gandi DNS in pfSense 2.4.5 not working

• Hello,

@evantill I tried using the new Gandi Live dynamic dns but it is failing to update,

Mar 27 08:32:55 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: phpDynDNS (pbx): (Unknown Response)
    Mar 27 08:32:55 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: phpDynDNS (pbx): PAYLOAD: 400
    Mar 27 08:32:55 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: Dynamic DNS gandi-livedns (pbx): _checkStatus() starting.
    Mar 27 08:32:53 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: Dynamic DNS gandi-livedns (pbx): _update() starting.
    Mar 27 08:32:53 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: Dynamic DNS (pbx): running get_failover_interface for opt16. found pppoe2
    Mar 27 08:32:53 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: Dynamic DNS gandi-livedns (pbx): xx.xx.xx.xx extracted from local system.
    Mar 27 08:32:53 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php:
    Mar 27 08:32:53 	php-fpm 	91852 	/services_dyndns_edit.php: Dynamic DNS: updatedns() starting

I have using this until now.

Thanks

• What version of Gandi live DNS are you on? I'm on v5 and it works.

• @jwj I am on V5 too. I filled the hostname(pbx), domain name(xx.com) and api key.

• The other thing I did is regenerate my key Yesterday before setting up the DDNS client. Strange, when it worked the first time for me I was surprised to a degree. I then put in a different host to check that it created the A record. Any possibility that it's being blocked? I do know that some of the Gandi ip's are in the top spammers list if you use GEOIP blocking. I got hit by that when I was using Gandi for email.

• @jwj This is what i use at the command line to update DNS

curl  -XPUT -d '{"rrset_values": ["1.2.3.4"]}' -H "X-Api-Key: ApiKeyblahblah"  -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://dns.api.gandi.net/api/v5/domains/mydomain.com/records/myhostname/A"

Where do i put "mydomain.com", "myhostname", "A" and "ApiKeyblahblah"?

• I had to put TTL as well. Now the dns updates fine. Solved!

• 👍