pfsense default "admin" account Insufficient privileges to make the requested change (read only) after 2.4.5 update
unable to add/update/delete any users/groups from default "admin" account.
furthermore unable to find any string stating "Deny Config Write" in config.xml
If you are looking in config.xml, it's
user-config-readonly. You must have added it to a group and added admin to that group.
ok will check and try to remove the line.
yes correctly said, but with a twist:
- default admin was member of admin group.
- default admin was also a member of custom group which was "user-config-readonly". somehow after update this group overwrites the privileges of admin group.
- created backup of config file
- removed default admin user from custom group in config file.
- finally restored pfsense with the modified config.xml file.
thanks for the advise.