LG CX Webapps not connecting



  • Hopefully someone has figured this out, but...

    Purchased a new TV, the LG CX, and the apps on WebOS will not connect.
    I get an unresponsive error (-324).
    However, the built in web browser does have connectivity and other smart TVs using the same apps work, so I'm guessing it is something DNS related.

    I am running a SG-3100 with unbound and pfblocker.

    I tried putting the TV on a VLAN that does not use pfblocker, let it just use an open dns (1.1.1.1) instead of the internal, and diabled NAT reflection for DNS, no luck.

    The TV does work when I connect it to my phone's hotspot though.

    Anyone have any ideas on what to try next?
    Thanks!



  • Turn off pfblocker to rule it out, other than that you can do a packet capture, on the vlan your tv is on, to see where it goes wrong.



  • I'll have to try and get a new pcap later, got one last night and didn't see anything other than a few RSTs.

    The testing was done on a VLAN that bypasses pfblocker, so that isn't the issue. I also don't see any alerts for blocks when running the TV.

    Based off what I have researched so far it might be related to DNS over TLS, I tried disabling that but it didn't help either.



  • For anyone stumbling around in the future,
    The issue was double NATting on my CenturyLink router that was in bridged mode.
    I bypassed it completely by plugging directly into the modem and setting the VLAN to 201.


Log in to reply