System freeze at USB boot (secure boot off, UEFI mode only)

• Hi,
    I've got a HP Elitedesk 800 G4 mini where I'm trying to boot pfsense from a USB.
    Secure boot is turned off. The BIOS is setup to run UEFI only. (legacy just says i have no bootable disc). The system freezes as shown in the picture.

I've managed to boot the same USB stick successfully on my Thinkpad (it also has secure boot turned off and UEFI only mode).
    Any idea how do solve this?
    I'm using image: pfSense-CE-memstick-2.4.5-RELEASE-p1-amd64.img

pfsensebooterror.jpg

• @insept said in System freeze at USB boot (secure boot off, UEFI mode only):

Hi,
    I've got a HP Elitedesk 800 G4 mini where I'm trying to boot pfsense from a USB.
    Secure boot is turned off. The BIOS is setup to run UEFI only. (legacy just says i have no bootable disc). The system freezes as shown in the picture.

I've managed to boot the same USB stick successfully on my Thinkpad (it also has secure boot turned off and UEFI only mode).
    Any idea how do solve this?
    I'm using image: pfSense-CE-memstick-2.4.5-RELEASE-p1-amd64.img

pfsensebooterror.jpg

Hi, Bringing up an older post but I'm also experiencing the exact issue on a HP elitedesk 800 G6 mini. (OPNsense does the same thing)

Do you manage to get a work around for this?

• @zzwdup
    Unfortunately not... I found an old iMac that I used instead. Booted right away :)