Huawei Mate 20 Pro no IP-adress?
Dear networking professionals,
I have a serious problem (my wife's phone) is not working anymore in our wifi (no internet connection). So what has changed? Seriously nothing I can remember I added 2 Philips Hue Feller taps to my Hue system and I had to shut down some parts of the house for that reason. As far as I know they work with Zigbee and they don't get an Ip-Adress i'm 100% sure.
Network and Devices:
Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
WLAN Accesspoints: Netgear 3x WAC510
Firewall DHCP Server: Pfsense (2.4.5)
Switches: Netgear 2x GS110TP 1x Core GS728TPv2 1x R7000 (AP-Mode)
Problem with the mobile phone:
I can not connect to the 5 Ghz Wifi.
I can connect to the 2.4 Ghz Wifi.
- Update the phone to the latest software (was already done)
- Update the netgear acesspoint, yes I updated one of them. It doesnt work with the firmware either (Done)
- Reboot (Firewall, AP, GS108TP, R7000) (done)
- I have not rebooted the Core switch)
- Reboot the phone (done)
- DHCP Server Reboot on Pfsense (done)
- Give a fix IP (done)
- Give a DHCP range for choosing an IP (done)
- Change the Wave of the Acesspoint (done)
- Create a new SSID (done)
- Change the channel from the radios (done)
- Disable different options on the Accesspoint trust me I nearly disabled and enabled everything once and tried the connection (done)
- Now I escalated it and installed Wiredshark and tried to capture traffic. Yes I have some traffic and I see the MAC adress fromt the phone. It's always asking for an IP even if I said you have a fix IP on the Pfsense DHCP Server. (done)
- I triple checked the MAC Adress (done)
- I rested the phone network settings (not the whole phone) (done)
- I can reproduce the problem on this device not on other (yes)
- I found this https://aboutcher.co.uk/2012/07/linux-wifi-deauthenticated-reason-codes/ and yes I have several Codes comming up: 6,8,3 and yes with the phone's mac adress
- Yes it's possible sometimes I can ping the mobile phone (possible)
- The phone says "connected" and then it doesn't have internet connection
- Yes I gave a static adress directly on the phone (done)
- Yes I can capture traffic coming from the MAC to the Pfsense sometimes and DHCP packages I think.
- Yes I changed the AUTH methode (WPA2-WPA3/Personal) (done)
- I have no ACL, RADIUS or other stuff activated.
- IPV6 is disabled and not in use but yes there is some traffic inside my network
Yes other mobile phones or computers are working with the accesspoint. Why is this phone not getting connection to the internet?
What can I do? Do you want wireshark infos here? For what kind of information do I need to look for? Do you have any other ideas?
Now if you stil read, take a beer: Yes the phone is working in other WLAN's and Yes the phone is also working in a hotspot where it's connected to another mobile phone.
Maybe the mobile phone wifi has a malfunction?
Traffic caputured on pfsense:
Frame 159: 70 bytes on wire (560 bits), 70 bytes captured (560 bits) Encapsulation type: Ethernet (1) Arrival Time: Feb 18, 2021 21:09:59.672194000 Mitteleuropäische Zeit [Time shift for this packet: 0.000000000 seconds] Epoch Time: 1613678999.672194000 seconds [Time delta from previous captured frame: 0.036255000 seconds] [Time delta from previous displayed frame: 0.036255000 seconds] [Time since reference or first frame: 17.253088000 seconds] Frame Number: 159 Frame Length: 70 bytes (560 bits) Capture Length: 70 bytes (560 bits) [Frame is marked: False] [Frame is ignored: False] [Protocols in frame: eth:ethertype:ipv6:icmpv6] [Coloring Rule Name: ICMP] [Coloring Rule String: icmp || icmpv6] Ethernet II, Src: HuaweiTe_90:56:ba (14:d1:69:90:56:ba), Dst: IPv6mcast_02 (33:33:00:00:00:02) Internet Protocol Version 6, Src: fe80::16d1:69ff:fe90:56ba, Dst: ff02::2 0110 .... = Version: 6 .... 0000 0000 .... .... .... .... .... = Traffic Class: 0x00 (DSCP: CS0, ECN: Not-ECT) .... .... .... 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 = Flow Label: 0x00000 Payload Length: 16 Next Header: ICMPv6 (58) Hop Limit: 255 Source Address: fe80::16d1:69ff:fe90:56ba Destination Address: ff02::2 [Source SA MAC: HuaweiTe_90:56:ba (14:d1:69:90:56:ba)] Internet Control Message Protocol v6 Type: Router Solicitation (133) Code: 0 Checksum: 0xd0f6 [correct] [Checksum Status: Good] Reserved: 00000000 ICMPv6 Option (Source link-layer address : 14:d1:69:90:56:ba) Type: Source link-layer address (1) Length: 1 (8 bytes) Link-layer address: HuaweiTe_90:56:ba (14:d1:69:90:56:ba)
I thank you for any ideas, help!
This Topic can probably be closed. The solution was reboot the core switch after a 270 Days uptime.
Yes that's all and it was one of the last things I did and I spent 20 hours or more into that problem.
Remember: If you have any strange problems with not recieving an IP-Adress and other devices are working fine. Reboot all devices which are connected and look into settings like ACL. If you recieve different WLAN Reason Code concerning rejecting then you probably better restart everything first.