Gateway - overload ? Where is my problem
actually I got a problem with a wan interface. Maybe someone got a similar problem and can help me to solve it.
My network is build like the following diagramm:
-> Cable "Moden" (Fritz 6591 cable)
--> ESXI Server
-------> LAN Network
The Esxi Server has a build in 4 Port Nic (Port 1 Fritzbox / Port 2 "normal Network" / Port 3 Management / Port 4 spare)
On the ESXI Server are 2 instances of Pfsense running. ( 1x Management // 1x "normal Network). This requirement was givin to me by the costumer.
- 4 Cores / 4 GB Ram
- There are the following Packes installed: PFBlocker NG , OpenVM Tools
- Ruleset of the Firewall is Any / Any, because i first would like to trigger out my problem
- No NAT forwarders
- MOnitoring Interface for my Gateway 192.168.1.1 (Fritzbox internal IP )
Now what are my Problems.
Until 180 Users the Network runs fine. But if the Network gets more than the 180 User, my Gateway is shown as "down" I've got Packetloss of about 30% to my Monitorip (Internal adress of my Fritzbox).
But the Thoruput is "only" 450 Mbit/s
So have anyone an idea, what the problem is ?
Thanks a lot.
- Sorry i forgot to mention the utilisation: PFsese about 25% and ESXI Hyperviser below 50%.
- Utilisation Fritzbox (87%)