secondary WAN access fails when default GW down (reply-to issue?)
I observed a problem with a multi-WAN configuration in v2.5.x
When primary WAN fails the secondary WAN also becomes unreachable.
It was working normally in v2.4.5 (see tests below).
Maybe there is still an issue with "reply-to" rules not working correctly(?)
This is not exclusively affecting NAT rules, as this was recently fixed in v2.5.2.
Here are the steps to reproduce:
- set up two WAN connections with according gateways
- set WAN1 as default GW
- both WAN1 and WAN2 reachable from outside (ping and webgui)
- disconnect WAN1 by pulling cable
- WAN2 still reachable from outside (ping and webgui)
- after approx. 60 seconds WAN2 also becomes unreachable from outside (no ping, no webgui)!
- reconnect WAN1
- WAN2 also reachable again
additional test with v2.5.2:
- set default GW to "automatic" instead of WAN1
- disconnect WAN1 again
- default GW automagically switches to WAN2
- WAN2 stays reachable!
can anyone confirm or deny?
the identical problem exists with v2.5.1 for me...