Boot problem with LinITX FX5620

• Hi !

I'm trying to install Pfsense 1.2.3 RC1 in a LinITX FX5620 with a CF SanDisk 2GB.

The problem is, when Pfsense are booting the kernel it blocks with the these error messages :

With verbose option

hptrr : no controller detected
    ata1-master : pio=PIO4   wdma=WDMA2   udm=UNSUPPORTED  cable=40 wire

With the standar option

PNP0C01  cant assign resources (memory)

I try to boot only the CD without the CF card, and I got a blank screen and it is bloqued !

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

• Hello!

It's strange. I have many FabiaTech FX5620 working with different pfSense versions.

Last week I tested it with pfSense-1.2.3-512mb-20090710-1329-nanobsd.img.gz and it works without problems.

Verify the pfSense image downloaded or try another snapshot.

If doesn't work perhaps you have a hardware failure. Try another RAM module before asking for RMA at Linitx.

Regards,

Josep Pujadas

• Hello.

I tried booting different distros like Debian Lenny, Ubuntu live CD (with and without CF card), System Rescue live CD (with and without CF card) and a CF card with Pfsense 1.2.3 RC1 embedded. And the problem still happening, i got a blank screen with the "NumLock" bloqued and then it reboots.

I also tried to set the fail safe and the optimal setting in the BIOS, but it does not work.

Is probably a hardware problem but unfortunately I have no memory modules of that kind.

Thanks for your reply !

• It's a hardware problem.  Try running memtest86+, that may help you identify whether it's a memory problem, or something else (motherboard, cpu, etc).