New installation suggestions please
Shiloh last edited by
Im new to pfsense and would like to get some guidelines and ideas for my installation. I am currently using ipcop, but I'm afraid this is soon to change.
My current setup is as follows
- DSL line with a dynamic IP Address, no option of getting a static IP without it costing us lots of money
- Netgear DG834 DSL router set up in bridged mode
- IPCop firewall, 1st NIC (red i/f) connected to netgear router and 2nd NIC (green i/f) connected to Cisco 2950 switch. Wireless AP also connected to Cisco switch.
- IPCop does PPOE connection through red i/f and registers with DYNDNS
- Win SBS 2003 Premium server for dhcp, dns, mail and a few other LAN apps (through POP connector) connected to Cisco switch
- A Couple of Win XP desktops (connected to LAN) and a few notebooks (connected to wireless AP)
We now have a problem where somone is burning a lot of bandwidth and we dont know who. The wireless is secure and I'm the only one with the key and passphrase.
I need to have the following enabled. This should be straight forward NAT / port forward
- RDP to my server from the internet (TCP 3389)
- RPC over HTTP from mail from the internet (TCP 443)
- Access to the firewall from the internet (TCP 443)
My big question is now (and my ideas), what packages do I need to install to
- Setup a proxy server with white / blacklists and AD authentication (squid + squidgaurd)
- Spam filter (spamd)
- Anti-Virus (HAVP antivirus)
- Bandwidth monitoring per device / IP (bandwidthd or darkstat with ntop)
- VPN (IPSEC or OpenVPN)
Is this the ideal setup for my scenario or does anyone have any suggestions please, it will be greatly appreciated