Cannot Update PFSENSE to 1.2.3 From 1.2.2



  • I have tried to invoke an update, and have specified the URL: http://88.198.81.53/updates/pfSense-Full-Update-1.2.3-RELEASE.tgz for use with "Auto Update"

    I receive a progress indicator but eventually end up with the following message:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 55730315 bytes) in /usr/local/www/system_firmware_check.php on line 13

    I have also tried to manually upload the update, Using the file pfSense-Full-Update-1.2.3-RELEASE.tgz and it also fails, It endlessly sends a request (With no packets moving) which eventually times out and gives a page cannot be displayed message.

    We are having voodoo problems with this box as of recently, it began to limit our 30MB Dedicated fiber line ($3400/Month) to about 3MB on the upload, But a direct attacted Video Appliance was able to effortlessly hit 30MB Upstream consistantly when not going through PFSense (It's own IP Address, Video Content Server), I can't figure that out but imagine an update might help.

    Can you guys please give me a hand?

    Here is one from a month ago:



  • What packages are you running?  Could it be an issue with Squid?



  • I have the same proble and squid is actually a good suggestion to look for the source of the problem…

    On a lighter note: Cthulhu CUltists like me should not have problems with squids (stupid pun).

    I check this and report back if it was squid.



  • Pubkey  System  Package Info  1.0 pfSense release key  
    siproxd  Services  Package Info  0.7.2 Proxy for handling NAT of multiple SIP devices to


    We had Rate, BandwidthD, I don't recall squid ever being installed on this box. This is very strange..
    I can't think of anything to do short of trying a live CD on another box and transfering the config file over.

    Thinking of dusting off a CONTIVITY 1100 - But I really like PFSense and do not wish to spend all day setting up rules… Ugh



  • Okay, so I dusted off an old Super Micro Dual Xeon server with 2GB Ram. Installed the LiveCD PFSENSE 1.2.3 Release.

    (OMG You guys did AN AMAZING JOB on the interface, ITS SO PRETTY Compared to 1.2.2!!!!!)

    Fired it up on the Cisco as one of our unused IP addresses, and basically every problem is resolved now. I'm just going to apply our old config at the end of the day today and see if it breaks anything, and if not, I will put this new box live on the network (Basically just have to move a cable around.)

    Good job on the new release. Not sure what happened with our old install, maybe it is corrupt or maybe the hardware serving it is corrupt. It was the oldest computer around, a piece of crap seanix with a 48X CDROM, Lol.


    ^ Nice.


Log in to reply