(FIXED) Problems accessing some norwegian websites

• Hello,

Just upgraded to 1.2.3 RELEASE

Basically when i do a http request to one certain customer I never get a response back. the data is reaching the customer, but no data is coming back.

You can try this by going to http://mobile-entry.com, the site will not work as expected from behind pfsense.

LSF in irc reported the following sites also not working: www.yr.no, www.ba.no, www.nrk.no

The relation all these web addresses have is that they are Norwegian.

Any clue how to proceed with this ?

• Why do you repost without any new information…... ::)

Never the less lsf and I tried to see if I could create a setup that would fail to connect, so fare I can't.

My setup:
    dsl pppoa not bridge (telenor/cybercity)
    cable modem (yousee)
    vlan hp 1800-G8
    em driver intel giga nic's
    pfSense only with vlan nic's
    client's winxp and ubuntu

• Hi,

i have some extra information

I run a cluster of pfsense

pfsense 1: version 1.2.2 - active
    pfsense 2: version 1.2.3 - backup

When pfsense1 is active and i put real gateway of pfsense 2 in my server, the website works.

I do a failover from pfsense 1 to 2 and it stops working, it seems when the carp addresses are active it stops working.

My carps are a mix of external and internal addresses

Any clue ?

• attached some captures

working.txt
    notworking.txt

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

There are some very specific circumstances that lead to this issue, and you are the only person besides lsf that has hit the bug, I believe.

I can't even reproduce it, but it seems to be related to using VLANs on multiple interfaces and certain other settings.

I have tried many times to reproduce it on my fully-VLAN setup and test boxes and it has always worked for me.

• Shall i attach my config for you to try ?

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

That may or may not help. It could also be a combination of hardware (NICs), switch gear, or even an ISP routing/MTU oddity.

• I fixed the problem by disabling hardware checksum offloading.