Snort 2.8.4.1_7 pkg 1.8 RC4

• JamesDean…

Something odd is going on with Snort. I'm showing three snort services running concurrently. Even more odd is my "Installed Packages" under the dashboard doesn't show Snort (Snort-Dev) at all. Any idea what is going on?

• Plaes reinstall the snort package.

Sorry I changed some code over the weekend.

Nice to see a long time member still active.

James

@Roodawakening:

JamesDean…

Something odd is going on with Snort. I'm showing three snort services running concurrently. Even more odd is my "Installed Packages" under the dashboard doesn't show Snort (Snort-Dev) at all. Any idea what is going on?

• I reinstalled Snort-dev and it's back to normal. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. You do all the work and we do all the complaining. :)

Regards,

Rob

• James, strange problem. Running Snort 2.8.4.1_7 pkg v. 1.8 RC4 with 1.2.3-RC3 built on Mon Nov 30 16:14:39 EST 2009 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p4 i386.

I'm probably doing something wrong. Tryed reinstall 2x.

Configure everything and hit save. After all settings done, create interface wan. Updated rules. Now is where the problem is: If I don't select any rule, it shows: WAN  ENABLED  AC-BNFA  ENABLED  DISABLED with wan in green. As soon as I select a categorie, the damn thing turns to red and keeps red. I suppose it means that snort didn't started. Am I missing something? By the way, AWESOME job James! And everybody that makes all this software possible. ;)

• Found it! preprocessors! need to enable http.

• Another thing… can't see reason why ips are blocked in blocked tab. Only shows n/a.

• Code is not finnished.
    I am adding a Ajax search/filter to the "Alerts tab" and "Blocked tab" , because users have sugested it.
    Its taking me long than expected.

Thanks for the feed back.
    James

@Hugovsky:

Another thing… can't see reason why ips are blocked in blocked tab. Only shows n/a.