Vhosts not working, no info, no errors, service wont start on 1.2.3 or 2.0



  • Maybe mcrane or someone can chime in with a little help to BSD newb, i have been trying to get fusionpbx installed on a few different pfsense boxes to no avail.  I have followed mcrane's updated instructions for the "quick and dirty install"  as described here:  http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,22010.15.html

    I see that you said you have also made it work properly for 2.0 as well in the post.

    I have had absolutely no luck in either version.  Freeswitch installs ok, but i have issues getting vhosts installed on a 1.2.3 release or feb-6 version of 2.0 x86.  Vhosts package installs but is missing dependencies in both versions for me on a clean install of pfsense, and tries to reinstall itself every boot.  The funny thing is in the system log you can see the package trying to install but no mentioned of failure or success, when i try to start the service, no logs even mentioning (maybe it doesn't log as much as i think it should, and im expecting too much, but i can see squid, snort, etc messages in the logs).  NOW on a 1.2.3 beta box i have running it installs vhosts ok and doesn't complain about missing dependencies but the service will not start (yes i have added a host and tried to restart).  I have no messages in the system log of problems (on the 1.2.3 beta) so im really confused? So due to the vhosts issue i cant get to even try out the fusionpbx.

    Im new to bsd but i have worked thru issues w/ 3rd party apps and gateway antiviruses and managed to get them all installed and working fine, but i can't find any info on vhosts/lighttpd in the shell (probably because i dont know where i need to "really" look).

    So i guess my post is a two part issue.

    1.  need to get vhosts working properly.

    2.  is a question:  where do get more info  than the system log for troubleshooting issues like this as it has zilch in it?  Is there additional logging or debugging i can turn up?  Or is there a particulary way in thru shell that i can access additional logs?  Or possibly some bsd commands for help w/ package troubleshooting?  I know a few but they dont list lighttpd or vhosts anywhere as being installed (again, probably not using correct commands).

    Thanks for any help, loving the produuct, keep up the awesome work.  If someone can help me out w/ number 2 that would be awesome as i would love to be able to contribute to the product, but right now still getting used to bsd though.



  • I figured i would update this incase anyone else is having similar issues:

    worked w/ mcrane and it seems as if the "http" configuration may have a config issue, he is looking  into it, but the "https" setup worked like a champ, which is what most will need anyway.



  • I uninstalled vHosts package upgraded to the release of pfSense 1.2.3 but could not get vHosts to fail with HTTP. If someone has the problem getting http to work now please let me know catch me on IRC at freenode ##pfsense or #fusionpbx and use my username mcrane in the question and then my IRC client will blink and I will help if I have time.



  • I worked with someone systems that had the problem with the vhosts package with http. These problems have been fixed in the latest version. Also found out that pcre was not enabled by default which had broken php preg commands that has now been enabled and the preg commands work.



  • Looks like dependency errors:
    2010-03-20 12:37:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1087) the fastcgi-backend /usr/local/php5/php-cgi failed to start:
    2010-03-20 12:37:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1091) child exited with status 1 /usr/local/php5/php-cgi
    2010-03-20 12:37:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1094) If you're trying to run your app as a FastCGI backend, make sure you're using the FastCGI-enabled version.
    If this is PHP on Gentoo, add 'fastcgi' to the USE flags.
    2010-03-20 12:37:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.1398) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.
    2010-03-20 12:37:26: (server.c.928) Configuration of plugins failed. Going down.

    /usr/local/php5/php-cgi

    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libiconv.so.3" not found, required by "php-cgi"

    So doing a simple:  pkg_add -r libiconv
    should fix the issue.


Log in to reply