After installing 1.2.3-RELEASE-LiveCD in a hard disk the system doesn't boot!

• Hello,

I have two Fabiatech FX5622 systems, they are working fine, with NanoBSD 1.2.3.
    I bought a new hard disk (160GB SATAII). I would like to install the pfsense into it, but I have a problem when I'm trying it.
    I have finished the installation but when I would like to restart the machine the system doesn't boot. I see the boot2 process of bootstrap and I can't do anything else.

FreeBSD/i386 boot Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/loader boot:

I connected the hard disk in an other PC and boot correctly.

Can help me someone, please?
    Thanks.

• Did you install the embedded version?

• I installed the NanoBSD 1.2.3 in a CF, but now I would like to install LiveCD in a HD, because I need the squid and other packages.
    Then, install enbedded version in a HD, is it possible? Can be explained as?

Thanks.

• Embedded and (I believe) nano both use serial consoles.  If you're using a monitor and keyboard then what you describe is expected, and documented.  The full install uses VGA and is the only one that supports squid at this time.

• Of course my darling!

But my problem is with a LiveCD in a full disk installation in a Fabiatech FX5622.

Can you know what is my problem?

• Trust me, I ain't your darling  ::)

When you do the full install, you've done so with a keyboard and monitor?  Have you read the FAQs on troubleshooting?  What about the boot troubleshooting FAQ?

• I was trying to do some diferents configurations in a BIOS..

Now I get to boot the machine, but only boot until to the pfsense's menu. And not boot any version of pfsense.

I was trying to do this:

*  If you can boot FreeBSD 7.x but not pfSense, try booting from a FreeBSD 7 Live CD and running the following (More Info):

fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/ad0

bsdlabel -B /dev/ad0s1

But the pfsense not boot.
    Which is the next step?

Thanks!

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

You may need to split the disk into two partitions. Make the first partition for / about 4GB or so, and then the remainder can be used for /usr or split between /usr and /var

Some BIOS implementations cannot boot if the first partition is that large.

• Oleeee!!!

You are right! I've done two partitions 4GB and the rest. And pfsense boot correctly.
    Thanks Jim.

Now, I try to find out, how to use the other espace (in the partition 2) to the primary partition.
    Thanks a lot!