ACK queue

• Hi!

I don't want an ACK queue for my traffic shaping configuration, instead I want that Penalty IP acks goes to the Penalty IP queue, for example.

How I can accomplish this?

I'm running a pfSense 2.0 Box.

• Why don't you want ACK shaping?  That is a good thing.  If you want penalizing of bad IPs, does the wizard not set that right for you?

• I mean that I want ACK shaping, but not in a different and completely separated queue. I want that the ACKs from John go to the John's queue and the Smidth's ACKs go to the Smidth queue.

It's possible? If it is, how I accomplish that?

Thanks in advance.

• I'm not sure that can readily be done from the GUI.  Given how small ACks generally are, I'm also not sure it will really accomplish anything.

• Just do not setup the ack queue on the rules?

• Oh, yeah, maybe.  I read it as meaning that he wanted the ACK prioritization, but per user.  Re-reading it though, that's an assumption on my part that is unwarranted.

• @ermal:

I think that maybe the way is as you say, but I had my doubts. I tried putting in the ACK/Queue rule the same queue for both rules, but the configuration complained with a "ACK queue must not be the same that the queue configured" error.

So, when I want that the ACKs goes to a queue that it's already shaped, simply I don't put an ACK queue specification in the rule.

@danswartz:

That is exactly what I want.

Thanks both of you, guys.