Multi WAN + SIP + CISCO GRE
hacktivist last edited by
Hope you can help me here because I'm running out of options already. I have done everything but still lacking in some areas.
Here's how my network is setup:
SITE A SIPX –> PFSENSE --> CISCO --> |||| VIA GRE TUNNEL |||| <-- CISCO <-- PFSENSE <-- SIPX SITEB
I setup multiwan on my pfsense 1.2.3. But have problems getting my sip phones work.
Voice VLAN 10 -> WAN 1
- Voice vlan is configured to route traffic thru a GRE tunnel on my Cisco Router.
Data VLAN 20 -> WAN 2
- Data vlan is configured without a tunnel.
Default route is:
Gateway: 172.16.1.1 (my cisco router LAN interface)
My NAT rules:
WAN 172.16.3.0/24 * * * * * NO (VLAN SUBNET) NO NAT IS CHECKED
WAN 172.16.2.0/24 * * * * * NO (DATA SUBNET) NO NAT IS CHECKED
When NO NAT is enabled sip phones to worked just fine (with 2 way comm).
WAN 172.16.3.0/24 * * * * * YES (VLAN SUBNET)
WAN 172.16.2.0/24 * * * * * YES (DATA SUBNET)
But get only one way voice connection.
I followed this tutorial http://pfsense.site88.net/multiwan.html which says to add a static route:
Network: DNS OF ISP 1
Gateway: 172.16.1.1 (of WAN1 LAN int)
Network: DNS OF ISP 2
Gateway: 172.16.2.1 (of WAN2 LAN int)
Added a Loadbalancing Pool (only fail-over) and create a firewall rule.
1. My problem is enabling MULTIWAN + FAIL-OVER make my sip phones to get a busy signal. This is not the case without multiwan.
2. Voice traffic should only be going to WAN1 and stick with it. How can I accomplish this?
3. I removed the default route but problems still remained and leave the DNS routes but nothing has changed. Still can't get voice to work. What should i do to fix this problem?
***VLAN 10 have internet connection and have routing between tunnels. I only had problems with voice when I activated the multiwan. Routing between tunnel are still active.
***VLAN 20 is not yet running and should be routed to WAN 2
Thank you in advance.