Packet capture doesn't work when specifying port

• On 1.2.3 embedded, whenever I set a port (say 5060) with any interface other than WAN, I get this result:

conf_mount_ro();

instead of packets…

I think it works once on WAN interface, but then, I must remove the port filter to be able to capture any more packets... Otherwise, I have to reboot.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Did you install the package to fix packet captures on embedded? It was broken at release time.

• yes I already installed the fix.

I committed an updated version of the package. Since it's a patch package, it can't really be uninstalled though.

If you switch to the alternate nanobsd slice or run a firmware update to the same version you're on now, it should reinstall the package properly.

Or you could just hand edit the file and move that conf_mount_ro(); line down so it's after

• After updating to the new version of this, I noticed these in the log:

Aug 21 13:05:58 	php: /pkg_mgr_install.php: Beginning package installation for Packet Capture Fix.
    Aug 21 13:05:56 	php: /pkg_mgr_install.php: XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1
    Aug 21 13:05:56 	php: /pkg_mgr_install.php: cd /var/db/pkg && pkg_delete ls | grep Packet Capture Fix
    Aug 21 13:05:56 	php: /pkg_mgr_install.php: cd /var/db/pkg && pkg_delete ls | grep
    Aug 21 13:05:56 	php: /pkg_mgr_install.php: XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1

Not sure if it's an issue, or not.

The capture appears to work though.

Cheers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The package's xml passes lint, so it seems OK for me. If the fixed worked, it's probably fine.