DHCP DENY CLIENT IP ADDRESS

• Hi ,

I use pfsense 1.2.3 version on my local network and i use dhcp server with deny unknowing client option.its work ok.But i want to know can i give unknowing client another ip block.

Best Regards

• Not sure what specifically you are asking.  You can certainly assign that client a specific IP address.  It does need to be in the same subnet that the DHCP server handles.  What are you trying to accomplish?

• sory my bad bad english ..i try to agian what i want..

my local subnet is 10.0.2.0 network  and i us dhcp server on pfsense. On dhcp server i check the Deny Unknown clients and i give ip adress with mac filter. its work ok.

i want to if mac address is not there give another ip block eg 192.168.0.X  ..gateway 192.168.0.1 etc…

thank you for you reply

• I don't think there is a way to do this.  Again, what is the actual problem you are trying to solve?

• i try again :)

if dhco request client is known give ip 10.0.2.10 , if dhcp request client is unknown give diffrent ip block etc 192.168.0.10 ..

• Obviously I am not being clear.  I understand what you are trying to get pfsense to do.  What I am asking is: what problem are you trying to solve that you think this fixes?

• i have not a problem with dhcp its all ok .its work well. I want to know can i give ip address to unknown users.

ps : sory late answer

• I give up.

• I don't think pfSense's GUI for the DHCP server allows that kind of configuration so you'd have to set up a separate DHCP server for such system.

• the right answer to that is: no you can't, and as danwartz told you, post what you have in mind, or what do you need that for, may be someone will have better solution for you.