Trouble with Nokia IP130
I've been using pfSense for a couple years now on a regular PC. The PC currently runs 1.2.3 and the only add-in installed was the dashboard. Its worked very well for my home/single-user office network. I wanted to upgrade to solid state hardware so I bought a Nokia IP130, an IDE-CF adapter, and a 4GB flash card. I flashed the 1GB nanobsd image of 1.2.3 to the card. The router boots fine. I restored the configuration backup from the old to new and reassigned the interfaces.
I'm somewhat remote and my broadband connection is via 3G which stinks and the new router is making it worse. With the old router, I typically am seeing 600-1000 down and 300-400 up. However with the Nokia, my upload drops to virtually nothing. Download doesn't seem to be limited much if at all.
I'm seeing the CPU usage jump to 100% cyclically on the System Overview page. Looking at 1min average graph in the System RRD graph I was getting 100% spikes 4 times every 30 minutes. I turned on polling which seems to have made the spikes smaller, only around 40%. But the usage is still regularly jumping to 100% on the overview. Running top shows the process that is doing this is "RUN".
I'm also having trouble with the router hanging on reboot. When connected to the console I don't see anything to indicate what's going on. But it also doesn't display shutdown messages like the old one did.
I kind of gave up on this. Its a shame as its a nice device but I needed to get a replacement for the old PC I've been using up and functional and didn't really have time to mess with it. If anyone is interested in buying it, send me a PM and make me an offer I can't refuse. It should fit in a large flat-rate box with adequate padding for shipping in the lower 48 states. I'll include the original hard drive and the CF-IDE adapter, but not the CF card.