9/14 i386 nanobsd, upgrade hosed my pfSense box.

• So I updated my pfSense install tonight to the 9/14 install and all hell broke loose. At first my WAN connection kept dropping, which was resolved by a reboot. After the first reboot the WAN came back for about 2 hours and dropped again. I reboot again, and this time my WAN comes back but I had no outbound connection from my desktops. I tried pinging from the router to 4.2.2.1 and was able to get out from the pfSense box, but not from the rest of the LAN. So I reboot a 3rd time, and the box doesn't come back. I plug a serial cable into it to find out what is up, and I'm asked for interface assignments. I go through all the assignments and get this printout

The interfaces will be assigned as follows:

LAN  -> re1
    WAN  -> re0
    OPT1 -> re2

Do you want to proceed [y|n]?y

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /etc/inc/config.console.inc on
    line 322

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /etc/inc/config.console.inc on
    line 323

Warning: Cannot unset offset in a non-array variable in /etc/inc/config.console.
    inc on line 375

line 378

line 379

Warning: Cannot unset offset in a non-array variable in /etc/inc/config.console.
    inc on line 385

line 390

line 392

inc on line 399

inc on line 402

line 403

Writing configuration…
    Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /etc/inc/config.lib.inc on lin
    e 479

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /etc/inc/config.lib.inc on lin
    e 485

e 486

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /etc/inc/xmlparse.inc on lin
    e 204
    .............................done.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /etc/inc/util.inc on line 12

Network interface mismatch -- Running interface assignment option.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /etc/inc/util.inc on line 73

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /etc/inc/util.inc on line 73

Valid interfaces are:

re0  00:90:7f:33:0c:94  (down)        RealTek 8139C+ 10/100BaseTX
    re1  00:90:7f:33:0c:95  (down)        RealTek 8139C+ 10/100BaseTX
    re2  00:90:7f:33:0c:96  (down)        RealTek 8139C+ 10/100BaseTX
    re3  00:90:7f:33:0c:97  (down)        RealTek 8139C+ 10/100BaseTX
    re4  00:90:7f:33:0c:98  (down)        RealTek 8139C+ 10/100BaseTX
    re5  00:90:7f:33:0c:99  (down)        RealTek 8139C+ 10/100BaseTX

and then it loops around asking for assignments again. So I reboot one more time, this time selecting single user mode and decide to run fsck. It tells me I have a few bad files, and a few sectors that need to be fixed, etc. I tell it to fix everything, it tells me it does successfully, I tell it to reboot again, and am prompted to set my interfaces again. I do and again I get the above printout

I am running pfsense on a firebox X700 using today's build of i386 Beta 2 and am totally lost.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Someone noticed that the file size of the nanobsd upgrade slices was double what it had been, so there may be an issue.

I'm trying it in a VM right now.

There was a lot of work done on the build system in the last couple days which prevented snapshots from happening, so this is the first run out after that happened.

It seemed to work at first but then php kept dying repeatedly and the webgui took a dump. Looks like it's a bad snap for sure.

• @jimp:

It seemed to work at first but then php kept dying repeatedly and the webgui took a dump. Looks like it's a bad snap for sure.

Sounds good, back to my friday backup!

There were some issues with the remove list not being honored (making the snaps larger than they should have been) and some missing kernel modules… a new build is going now, hopefully it comes out ok