Snort issue with cat. emerging-netbios.rules
What might be the problem with categorie "emerging-netbios.rules"? I narrowed down that WITH this cat. enabled Snort on my Dell server won't start whatsoever…. Even when disabling 10 other categories won't help.
- Dell T110 4Gb i3 CPU 530 / Pfsense 1.2.3 / 1+4 Intel Gbit-nic's (lan,wan,DMZ1,DMZ2,WLAN)
Backup, cron, dashboard, OpenVPNstatus, and Snort 22.214.171.124 pkg v. 1.34/1.35? (newest)
- Installed Emergingthreats rules and Oinkmaster code
- just one interface added to snort, WAN with ACS performance
- added all categories, except emerging-netbios.rules.
- All Preprocessors enabled
- Servers and barnyard is empty/disabled (for now)
- Suppress is empty
- INSTALLED SIGNATURE RULESET
SNORT.ORG >>> N/A
EMERGINGTHREATS.NET >>> N/A
PFSENSE.ORG >>> 102
(Some days back I had the first 2 signatures as well...some hashcode and a 4-digit-no.)
Mmm… might has to do with this:... (???)