Subnet Routing for a /27 Subnet on a Single WAN

• Hello,

I have installed pfSense for a firewall at my datacenter, my datacenter said I can use that for routing my newly purchased /27 subnet.  What are the steps I can take to do that on a single WAN?  I currently am utilizing a /28 subnet.  In detail I have one LAN and one WAN for pfSense.  pfSense version 1.2.3-RELEASE.  Any help for this matter would greatly be appreciated.  I couldn't seem to find any positive answer for this topic anywhere.

Thanks,
    ~ Sean

• Hi Perry,

Thank you for the fast response, my datacenter said to use Layer 3 routing, they routed the subnet to me.  They told me I will be the gateway meaning I could specify the gateway in the subnet I want to use.  I don't see anyway in pfSense to do that.

Thanks,
    ~ Sean

• @seanbdesign:

Hi Perry,

Thank you for the fast response, my datacenter said to use Layer 3 routing, they routed the subnet to me.  They told me I will be the gateway meaning I could specify the gateway in the subnet I want to use.  I don't see anyway in pfSense to do that.

Thanks,
    ~ Sean

Your 'gateway' would be the LAN address.  i.e. the servers in the subnet behind the pfsense will have the pfsense LAN address set as their gateway.