Load Balancing Loss % increase

• Hello All,

pfSense-1.2.3-RELEASE
    squid
    squidGuard
    lightsquid
    Multi-wan, load balancing , failover
    School setting

On one of our three pfSense machines (1 at 3 different buildings) all of a sudden I am seeing 10% Loss on the Load Balancing webgui for one of the two wans. The milliseconds times,pings to the dns server looks normal. Looking at the interfaces stats,there are no collisions or I/O errors. My traceroute times looks respectable going out to different known servers ip addresses whenever I manually check them. I haven't seen this in the past so I really don't know how to approach troubleshooting what may be occuring. I did do a search here and never found any insight on what to ascertain from these readings.
    There has been no configuration changes made on this machine by the way. ( Famous last words,I know)..
    I guess I will monitor this as it stands for the next three- four days and see if the condition stays the same?
    Ideas?

Thanks,
    Barry

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

What that probably indicates is that the loss is happening between your CPE (cable modem, DSL modem, etc) and your ISP. That would not show up as any kind of i/o error on the pfSense router's network card, yet would present itself as loss/latency.

• Yes I too am facing the same problem, If there is a failure of one of the ISP's and then when the connection comes back, the load balancer shows very high latency & loss, if i reload the load balancer that moment by going to services loadbalancer edit & save the loadbalancer functions properly

• cirkit,

Thank You for the informative response!
    I will give a try what solved this prob for you on our pfSense box and report back when this same problem arises.

Take Care,
    barry