Upgrading to 2.0: The Ups and Downs

• So I just finished upgrading to 2.0. It took over 2 hours, and was not a pleasant experience. I ended up in an endless loop of Interface Mismatch. After a bunch of searching and randomly deleting stuff in the config file it turned out that the problem was somewhere in the OpenVPN setting. I just ended up deleting that section completely. Looking on the bright side: I got to experience VI for the first time. That was… interesting. A learning experience, one might say.

With 2.0 up and running I'm really liking it. It fixed all the performance issues I've had with 1.2.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Just a guess, did you have the "OpenVPN enhancements" package installed before?

Someone else had a similar upgrade issue with OpenVPN settings that had that package installed.

• The first thing I do with any pf install is add nano from the cli.  The only vi command I know is how to quit :-)

ee is there, no need for nano.

• @jimp:

Just a guess, did you have the "OpenVPN enhancements" package installed before?

Someone else had a similar upgrade issue with OpenVPN settings that had that package installed.

No, the only OpenVPN stuff I had installed is what came with pfSense.

OK, just checking. I've had a couple other people whose configurations have failed to restore that worked when the OpenVPN section was removed, but there was no obvious incorrect entries in the config either.