Can not access lan or inbound

• I've only been using ver 2 for a few days, and am running it with in a KVM. So my issues may be due to a misconfig or kvm.

However we have used kvm for  over a year to run some servers. BUt this is the 1-st bsd under kvm for us.

The issue I have is that access to LAN stops after some hours.

I can get to psense from KVM console to test ping.

can ping out using WAN
    can not ping the LAN network.
    can not access webgui

From a computer on the LAN, i can not ssh into pfsense.

To fix I have to reboot .
    then all the above works.

the nics are e1000

i just rebooted and here is the version status:
    2.0-RC1 (amd64)
    built on Sat Apr 9 14:48:31 EDT 2011

Update available. Click Here to view update.

so I'l update and get back with results.

• after the upgrade:

work:
    access webgui from off site
    ssh from lan to pfsense
    ping lan and wan from console

not working:

ssh in from offsite.  i use port 5922 and have a nat rule.  this worked last night.  i tried rmv and re add the nat/rule. same result

ping from offsite.  i just added the rule to wan.  will re check syntax

I am using 64bit ver. is 32 better to test?

and I can give access to this test system if testing want to be done by devs.

• @robfantini:

after the upgrade:
    . . .
    not working:

ssh in from offsite.  i use port 5922 and have a nat rule.  this worked last night.  i tried rmv and re add the nat/rule. same result

ping from offsite.  i just added the rule to wan.  will re check syntax

Anything relevant in the firewall log? Does a packet capture on the WAN interface show a ssh access attempt?

• the logs did show  the rule worked .

However getting  I could not get  to the target computer.  the thing is I could at times..

I'll have tried rc-1 and  daily updates [ as of Sat].

My issues were that I could connect, and later not.

I probably have  something not setup correctly…  I have used  V1.23 for years..

To eliminate the possibility that my issues are KVM related, I'll install 1.23 in a kvm, restore our current production config, change the addresses  and make sure that works.

If you have any suggestion please respond.

• A few hours ago I  made adjustments to gateway , nics and upgraded to latest snapshot, and problems are solved.

the issues were possibly  caused by adding a 3-rd nic and not configuring it correctly.

in addition the lan has another pfsense running in production, and most computers use that as the gateway.

i was having issues with port forward to computers which had the other pfsense set as their  router.