Help With Ntop package.

• Hi!

recently, i have installed Ntop on my pfsense. the package seems download and install, i got Ntop setting and Ntop under diagnostic.

i can change the setting but if i try to open Ntop link(my pfsense:3000 so 192.168.1.1:3000) i can't get the page. Like the server dosen't respond or just don't exist.

Ntop is compatible with: 2.0-RC1  (i386)
    built on Thu May 5 06:05:22 EDT 2011 ?

2wan, 1 lan.

or i need to set something to get it on :3000 (default)?

Thanks!

• I ha read a thread  http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,33901.msg187599.html#msg187599

removed ntop, added ftp in file (i386;) )
    tryed: pkg_add -r ntop-4.0.1_1.tbz

and i got this error:

$ pkg_add -r ntop-4.0.1_1.tbz
    Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.1-release/Latest/ntop-4.0.1_1.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

but I can download the package on my pc… i don,t understand why they can't...

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Install/Reinstall the package now. I made a bunch of fixes to the package over the last few days.

Installing ntop onto a PC is easy - you don't have to worry about ntop stomping all over system libraries/dependencies and causing trouble that would brick a firewall if it messes up. You can't make a comparison between installing it on a PC and installing it on a firewall.

• @nickod:

Hi!

recently, i have installed Ntop on my pfsense. the package seems download and install, i got Ntop setting and Ntop under diagnostic.

i can change the setting but if i try to open Ntop link(my pfsense:3000 so 192.168.1.1:3000) i can't get the page. Like the server dosen't respond or just don't exist.

2wan, 1 lan.

Thanks!

Hi nickod,

I have the same problem as you did and found that I forgot to create a rule: Allow LAN net to LAN address on port 3000

Regards,
    hondanho

• @hondanho:

@nickod:

Hi!

2wan, 1 lan.

Thanks!

Hi nickod,

I have the same problem as you did and found that I forgot to create a rule: Allow LAN net to LAN address on port 3000

Regards,
    hondanho

I've Fresh RC1, after NTOP installed, NTOP won't start, error on starting service
    And then i decide to uninstall them, but after removal complete, i just got another problem, my RRD Graph getting error :(

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Upgrade from RC1 to RC3. No reason to be running code that old now that it's official.