Auto update from 1.2.3 to 2.0 RC3: Went smooth except for OpenVPN

• Hi guys,

Just did the upgrade (2.0-RC3 (i386) built on Mon Jul 4 16:48:37 EDT 2011).  Wow, went really smoother than I thought. Here is the only issue I'm having right now. On the dashboard, for OpenVPN, I get:
    Client connections for pfsense-openvpn UDP:1194
    Name/Time Real/Virtual IP
    [error] Management Daemon Unreachable

But, I have someone connected to the VPN and it works.

Also, if I go into Status - OpenVPN, I get a 404 - Not found page

Can you guys help me?

Thanks

• I was able to correct the 404- Not Found issue by taking the status_openvpn.php from another installation but I still have:

[error] Management Daemon Unreachable 0 0 0

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Erase the management statement from your custom options, that is not needed on 2.0 and can cause problems.

Since that wasn't officially supported on 1.2.x (it was in a package) it wasn't handled in the upgrade code.

• How do I erase the management daemon? Also, anyway of seeing the client connections without the daemon? I would love to see my clients in my dashboard.

Thanks

Edit the OpenVPN instances and erase that bit from the custom options box at the bottom.

Status > OpenVPN is built-into 2.0 and the management bits happen automatically behind the scenes, you can view it just the same as with the package (even better, the dashboard widget actually works)

• Great solved… Thanks

Maybe check that the status.openvpn.php is really in the upgrade package because in mine, it was missing.

Thanks again!

It is there, but that package being installed may have broken it. Remove the package, run a firmware update, and see if it's working now.

(Check the "HEADS UP" post I just put up here on the 2.0 board to make sure you're getting the new updates first)